It’s been five years since ‘Glee’ star Cory Monteith died of a heroin overdose at 31. The actor who was born and raised in Calgary Alberta, Canada, became a huge TV star with his role as ‘Finn Hudson’ on the hit Fox show ‘Glee’. Monteith’s body was found on July 13,2013 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, Canada. When he failed to check out of his hotel room after staying seven days, a hotel employee found him surrounded by drugs and drug paraphernalia. Monteith’s mother Ann McGregor is speaking about her son for the first time since his death.
McGregor said “A part of me died when Cory did. My world stopped and I didn’t think I’d ever get up from it.’ McGregor is speaking to ‘People Magazine’ for the first time in five years about her son’s tragic death, and troubled life. She claims that ‘ Cory started running around with an older crowd when he was only 13. The crowd introduced young Cory to drugs and alcohol, and he never really stopped using completely since that time.’ Cory and his older brother Shaun Monteith were raised by their mother after their parents divorced when Cory was 7.
His father Joe Monteith was in the military and rarely saw either son. McGregor a successful interior designer says she thinks of her late son every day. She added that Cory was troubled all through his life. She said she raised him with love, “but I did not teach him about the other side of the world, there is a lot of bad out there.” The mom of two said she put her son Cory in rehab for the first time when he was 15. He stayed in for a month, and started using as soon as he was released. He went to rehab again at age 19, he relapsed shortly after being released.