James Franco Snubbed For Oscar Gold Over Sexual Misconduct Claims

James Franco was expected to bring home Oscar gold for his standout performance in ‘The Disaster Artist’. The actor won the Golden Globe earlier this month for his starring role in the film. Shortly after Franco’s win, several women in Hollywood have come forward with sexual harassment and misconduct by the actor. Hollywood insiders are claiming that all of the negativity surrounding the actor has taken him out of contention for Oscar gold. Others are saying this whole thing could be a real career killer.

Franco has steadfastly denied the claims, saying “They are not accurate.” Former ‘Brat Packer’ Alley Sheedy tweeted shortly after Franco’s Golden Globe win, “James Franco just won. Please never ask me why I left the film/tv business. The actress was fuming mad that the allegations came out about Franco, but yet her wore a ‘Times Up’ pin to the award show. Actors Violet Paley and Sarah Tither-Kaplan, gave extremely detailed accounts of Franco’s illicit behavior, that were published by the ‘Los Angeles Times.’
Franco did address the allegations right after they were made on ‘The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’ and ‘Late Night With Seth Meyers.’

toofab.com

On both shows he acknowledged the accusations but said ‘they are not accurate. He went so far as to say, the accusations ‘are not true at all.’ Colbert asked Franco about wearing the ‘Times Up’ pin at the Golden Globe awards. Franco said, “I do support the movement, I was so excited to win. But the room that night was incredible, it was powerful, there were incredible voices. I support it, I support change, the groups, ’50/50 and 20/20, which are groups that support people that are under represented, women and minorities, I support all of it. These groups help to get those groups of people positions that make change. I fully support all of it.”

Next Article
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Charo's Husband Died Of Self Inflicted Gun Shot Wound

    Sad news in Hollywood today, the husband of 70's and 80's sex siren Charo, has taken his life. Police were called to Charo's Beverly Hills mansion on Monday night. First responders tried desperately to save Kjell Rasten's life. He was transported to Cedars Sinai Hospital where he died from his injury. An autopsy completed late...

    Read More
  • Rapper 21 Savage Says He Would Rather Be Broke Than Get Deported

    British born rapper 21 Savage is speaking out about his fears of getting deported. In a brand new interview the rapper talked about his February 12th arrest by the US Immigration and Custom Enforcement. Savage is currently out on bail said, “It really wasn't jail, it was the possibility of not being allowed to live...

    Read More
  • Jussie Smollett Likely To Face Charges For Filing False Police Report

    According to 'TMZ' the Chicago Police Department is going to convene a Grand Jury. The Jury will determine if Somollett orchestrated his own attack. The police department now believe that the attack was planned and ordered by the 'Empire' star. The Chicago PD now refer to the singer as the 'person who reported the incident.'...

    Read More
  • Rocker Beck Files For Divorce After 15 Years Of Marriage

    It was revealed that musician Beck has filed for divorce from his wife of 15 years. His wife actress Marissa Ribisi was served with divorce papers the day after Valentine's Day in Los Angeles. They were married in a small private ceremony at the luxurious San Ysidro Ranch outside of Santa Barbara in 2004. The...

    Read More
  • Nigerian Brothers Arrested & Released In Jussie Smollett Assault Case

    The plot continues to thicken in the Jussie Smollett assault case. Two Nigerian Brothers were arrested, however the pair have not been charged with a crime. The brothers Abel and Ola Osundairo residents of Chicago, and former co-owners of a party store, had their apartment searched too. In a puzzling development, the brothers have not...

    Read More