Liam Neeson Cancels ‘Late Show’ Appearance As Backlash Continues

Irish actor Liam Neeson is doing whatever he can to avoid answering any more questions. He just pulled out of a scheduled appearance on the ‘Late Show’ with Stephen Colbert for Friday. The actor has been in ‘damage control’ mode since making a stunning confession, that 40 years ago he was looking for a black man to kill to get even for a friend’s rape. Neeson had been promoting his new film ‘Cold Pursuit, when he made the confession. The studio ‘Lionsgate’ canceled a red carpet event for the film this week. Neeson has been deluged with negativity online and off for the revelation.

Neeson said ‘his anger was wrong, and he sought help when he realized he ‘had a lot of unhealthy anger issues.’ He tried to mitigate the damage by appearing on ‘Good Morning America’ on Tuesday. The actor apologized for anyone he may have offended, but the interview did little to stop the criticism. Sunny Hostin a former federal prosecutor, and now a co-host on ‘The View’ said ‘she understood having anger when someone close to you is harmed.’ She went on to say, ‘she didn’t understand how any random person of the race of the rapist would be the solution for Neeson.’ \

eonline.com

Neeson said that he regretted his behavior four decades ago, but whatever the actor says, seems to just intensify the backlash. Whoopi Goldberg another host on ‘The View’ said she’s known the actor for many years, and as far as she’s concerned he is not a bigot.’ Neeson gave the interview to the ‘Independent’ on Monday, and Hollywood insiders are saying this is a PR nightmare for the actor. Neeson has citizenship in three countries. Ireland, Britain and the United States, he lives in New York City. He was married to actress Natasha Richardson for 15 years when she died of injuries suffered in a ski accident in 2009. The couple had two sons together, Micheal and Daniel Neeson.

Next Article
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Jussie Smollett Likely To Face Charges For Filing False Police Report

    According to 'TMZ' the Chicago Police Department is going to convene a Grand Jury. The Jury will determine if Somollett orchestrated his own attack. The police department now believe that the attack was planned and ordered by the 'Empire' star. The Chicago PD now refer to the singer as the 'person who reported the incident.'...

    Read More
  • Rocker Beck Files For Divorce After 15 Years Of Marriage

    It was revealed that musician Beck has filed for divorce from his wife of 15 years. His wife actress Marissa Ribisi was served with divorce papers the day after Valentine's Day in Los Angeles. They were married in a small private ceremony at the luxurious San Ysidro Ranch outside of Santa Barbara in 2004. The...

    Read More
  • Nigerian Brothers Arrested & Released In Jussie Smollett Assault Case

    The plot continues to thicken in the Jussie Smollett assault case. Two Nigerian Brothers were arrested, however the pair have not been charged with a crime. The brothers Abel and Ola Osundairo residents of Chicago, and former co-owners of a party store, had their apartment searched too. In a puzzling development, the brothers have not...

    Read More
  • Katy Perry & Orlando Bloom Are Engaged After A Year Of Dating

    Wedding Bells are in the future for singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom. The couple became engaged on Valentine's Day, and say they are 'elated'. This will be the second marriage for both Bloom and Perry. Bloom was married to Australian super model Miranda Kerr from 2010 to 2013. They have an 8 year...

    Read More
  • Bill Cosby Thinks Being In Prison Is 'An Amazing Experience'

    A spokesman for disgraced comic and actor Bill Cosby says Cosby has had an 'amazing experience thus far. The comic was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison for the 2004 sexual assault on Andrea Constand who was a student at Temple University at the time. After the May 2018 sentencing, the Montgomery County...

    Read More
  • Jussie Smollett Of 'Empire' Turns Phone Over To Chicago Police

    'Empire' star actor Jussie Smollett turned over his cell phone, after initially refusing to do so. Two weeks ago Smollett was the victim of an alleged racist and homophobic attack, by two unknown men on Chicago street. Smollet claims two men approached him after he left a 'Subway' sandwich shop. They physically attacked him and...

    Read More